What is Email Marketing?
In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing is popular with companies for several reasons:
- An exact return on investment can tracked and has proven to be high when done properly. Email marketing is often reported as second only to search as the most effective online marketing tactic.
- It is significantly cheaper and faster than traditional mail.
- Email provides a cost-effective method to test different marketing content. The data gathered by testing in the email channel can then be used across all channels of marketing campaigns, both print and digital.
- Advertiser can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted in (i.e., consented) to receive email communications on subjects of interest to them.
- Compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces higher response rate and higher average order value for e-commerce businesses.
Learn how to implement or enhance your email marketing strategy today!